Providence Technical Specialist - Medical Technologist in Colville, Washington
Providence is calling a Technical Specialist - Medical Technologist (Clinical Laboratory Services, Variable Shift, 1.0 FTE / Full Time) to Providence Mount Carmel Hospital in Colville, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern system.
In this position you will:
· Maintain ongoing and overall quality of the total testing process, relative to meeting patient’s and customer’s needs.
· Perform a variety of diagnostic testing and follows established guidelines for the prioritization of work.
· Evaluate testing results for accuracy and appropriate intervention, perform computer data entry and maintains expertise with computer systems.
· Maintain and keep current skills and knowledge for the job through continued education programs.
· Analyze and evaluate quality control checks to assure accurate patient results.
· Demonstrate procedures, instrumentation and techniques to train staff.
· Intervene to correct problems encountered when an instrument/test methodology fails.
· Perform instrument/equipment and reagent/supply maintenance functions.
· Perform studies, projects, and additional assignments under the direction of the Lab manager and with minimal supervision.
· Identify and develop system and procedure improvements under the leadership of the supervisor and manager.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor's Degree in related health sciences
Medical Technologist with national certification, or equivalent certification
Must have or be able to obtain a current Washington State Healthcare Assistant Certificate
3 years clinical laboratory experience, or equivalent experience, under a qualified director
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Experience as a supervisor or technical specialist
About the hospital you will serve.
Mount Carmel Hospital is a Critical Access hospital in Colville, WA serving a three county area in Northeast Washington. We are a progressive, full service hospital offering advanced medical and surgical care as well as specialty support and outpatient services.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Lab Technologist
Req ID: 279383